Simple Colombian side dish, loved by all in the house. It’s pretty easy and you can find the frozen yucca at most Latin groceries. Fiesta is a great place to check. This is best served with some spicy aji.
Thanks to My Colombian Recipes for this recipe. My only modifications are a slight increase in the amount of salt in the water, and directions for deep frying.
- 2 lbs fresh or frozen yucca
- Vegetable oil
- 2 tsp salt
- Place the yucca in a large pot and cover with water. Add salt and bring to a boil
- Reduce heat to medium low and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender
- Remove the yucca from the water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Cut the yucca into 1/2 inch wide strips
- Use a deep fryer or fill a frying pan with vegetable oil and heat to 350°
- Fry until golden brown on both sides, usually about 6-8 minutes in the frying pan, 5 or so minutes in a deep fryer
- Remove yucca from oil using a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels
- Sprinkle with salt and serve hot.
Leave a comment
No comments yet.